We are a space to expand your mind, to be a champion for women, and to connect.
What we do
- Access to scholarships
- Opportunity to develop your leadership, decision making and governance skills
- Expand your mind and horizons. Access opportunities for life-long learning.
- Raise your awareness and understanding of issues impacting women
- Join other women to advocate for women’s right to education
- Be an active citizen – help develop initiatives that support women.
- Access to mentors who can help you grow and achieve your goals
- Access to local, national and international events
- Access to the global Graduate Women network
- The opportunity to grow your network and collaborate with other women.
How we work together
Branches and the Independent Members Network undertake advocacy projects and connect women within their local community. Charitable Trusts are social enterprises associated with each branch.
GWNZ is the national body which provides leadership and the space for branches to grow and flourish. GWNZ Charitable Trust provides scholarships and awards for tertiary studies. These are funded by GWNZ Branches and associated charitable trusts.
GWNZ is affiliated to Graduate Women International (GWI). GWI is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) of over 150,000 women university graduates from 78 national federations and association worldwide. It has consultative status with the United Nations.
Advocacy for women and their access to education. Our work is both global and national in reach.
A global network
Graduate Women New Zealand are part of a global network of like minded academics.